ICGN Japan Forum: Implementing Japan’s Corporate Governance Code in Practice
We are pleased to announce that International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) will hold the "ICGN Japan Forum: Implementing Japan's Corporate Governance Code in Practice - Prioritising Strategic Human and Natural Capital Management " on Thursday, July 14 from 16:00 - 18:30 (Japan Standard Time). The conference will be co-hosted by JPX and TSE.
This ICGN Japan Forum will cover the panel discussion about "Social priorities: enhancing a company's most valuable assets" and "Environmental priorities: moving from words to action".
"ICGN Japan Forum: Implementing Japan's Corporate Governance Code in Practice - Agenda"
14 July 2021 Timings in JST
16:00 - 16:05 ICGN Remarks by Kerrie Waring, CEO, ICGN
16:05 - 16:10 TSE Remarks by Yasuyuki Konuma, Director, Senior Executive Officer, TSE
16:10 - 16:20 Keynote Remarks by Hideki Ito, Director-General, Policy and Markets Bureau, Japan FSA
16:20 - 17:20 Social priorities: enhancing a company's most valuable assets
The Code encourages corporate boards to articulate their human resource strategies, particularly regarding workforce diversity, health, human rights, and fair treatment. The Code also calls for the disclosure of understandable policies on human capital management (HCM) and how this contributes to increasing corporate value over the mid-long term. How does HCM link to corporate strategy? What kinds of disclosure do global investors value? How does this impact corporate value creation?
- Jana Jevcakova, Managing Director, Corporate Governance, Morrow Sodali, Australia
- Dr Ryohei Yanagi, Chief Financial Officer, Eisai Co. & Visiting Professor, Waseda University, Japan
- Shigeru Uchigasaki, President, HR Governance Leaders, Japan
- Kate Jalbert, Investment Stewardship Director, EMEA/APAC, Vanguard, UK
Chaired by Ryushiro Kodaira, Senior Staff Writer, Nikkei, Japan
17:20 - 18:20 Environmental priorities: moving from words to action
The Code explicitly requires companies listed on the Prime Market to consider the impact of climate change related risks and opportunities on their business activities and profits. Companies are also expected to provide TCFD aligned disclosure. How should companies approach scenario analysis? What is material in relation to Scope 1, 2, 3 emissions? Should there be assurance on such disclosures? How are collaborative investor initiatives driving change?
- Satoshi Ando, Director, OMRON, Japan
- Severine Neervoort, Senior Analyst, Norges Bank Investment Management, Norway
- George Iguchi, Chief Corporate Governance Officer, Nissay Asset Management, Japan
- YK Park, Head of APAC Responsible Investment & Governance, APG Asset Management, Hong Kong
Chaired by John Plender, Senior Editorial Columnist, FT, UK
18:20 - 18:30 Closing Remarks
For details and registration please refer to ICGN's website.