Introduction to Japan’s energy markets
Peter Weigand, Chairman & CEO Skipping Stone, introduces Japan's energy markets. You can quickly get five points from this video in three minutes.
1. Japan is the worlds largest importer of LNG and the 4th largest power market in the world.
2. On JPX you can trade crude, power, LNG gasoline, kerosene, and gas oil.
3. You don't need to speak or write Japanese to trade on JPX.
4. 70% of the energy commodity trading is being done by international trading houses.
5. JPX enables trading without counterparty credit risk.